MAKALALI GAME RESERVE
- Take the N1 North towards Pretoria, take the N4 East towards Witbank and onwards towards Belfast, (Pta-Belfast +- 240 Km).
- Turn left into eMakhazeni/Belfast.
- Once in eMakhazeni/Belfast, follow the signs and turn right at the Belfast Toyota towards Dullstroom, passing through Mashishing/Lydenburg (R540), At the T–Junction (R540 – R36) turn left to Lydenburg.
- In Lydenburg, at the Origstad sign, turn left and follow the main road of Lydenburg (De Klerk street) on the Origstad road (R36), continue on the R36 through Ohrigstad and the JG Strydom Tunnel.
- Approximately 10km after the tunnel, turn left onto the R36 Towards Tzaneen. Follow the road over the Olifants River, past the Oaks (local Village) and Phalaborwa/Mica turn off.
- Turn right at the Gravelotte turn off, this road becomes a gravel road. Go through the boom Gate.
- Travel +-10km on the gravel road to the Makalali Gate on your right-hand side.
- Head South on Argyle Road (650m), then turn left toward R527 (100m).
- Turn right toward R527 (140m), turn right onto R527 (31,1km) and then turn right onto R36 (23,1km).